WHY IS CONTINUING CARE IMPORTANT?
Connection is at the heart of treatment at Camino Recovery. We are committed to achieving success. The greatest predictor of treatment success is length of time spent in a structured environment and it is for this reason that follow up care is essential. Simply stopping a compulsive behaviour is just the start of the journey, without further work the individual will often relapse in their addiction of choice or substitute one addictive behaviour for another.
Having ongoing support to help deal with some of the real life challenges faced by our alumni e.g. issues pertaining to relationships, finances, the law, work or emotions can be life saving, especially in the early days.
FREE CONTINUING CARE FOR EVERY RESIDENT
During treatment a detailed and comprehensive continuing care plan is produced by client and therapist. This ensures the ongoing support needed to ease the transition back home and give the best chance of a dependence free life.
A continuing care plan will ensure that you return home with access to the correct support channels and may include:
- Regular meetings with referring or new clinician
- Finding a sponsor
- Attending fellowship meetings
- Regular contact with Camino staff
Every client who completes residential treatment at Camino Recovery receives FREE continuing care including:
- Free access to one morning a week outpatient services for up to a year
- Comprehensive planning and support
- Ongoing availability of our renowned family programme.
- Weekly relapse prevention workshops