Work For Us
If you are interested in working for Camino Recovery, Please get in touch with us by completing this form.
All staff at Camino Recovery are motivated by a desire to see others flourish. We are always looking for dedicated, trained, caring individuals to join our team.
Whatever your background, please introduce yourself by way of a cover letter and CV. Being a small centre offering highly individualised treatment, we specialise in treating the most clinically challenging clientele. For this reason, we do not offer positions for internships and would only consider well-balanced, experienced professionals.
Applicants should be residing in Spain and have the necessary documentation to work in the country.
We currently have the following vacancies:
There is a vacancy for a Full-time Primary Therapist at Camino Recovery in Vélez-Málaga, Spain.
Hours: 8:30-5:30, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
- Hold a recognised qualification in counselling, (BABCP, IC&RC, BPS, NADAAC or UKCP) Psychology or Therapy in related field.
- Relevant qualification and training in addictions combined with credibility and knowledge of the field – nationally and internationally.
- Clinical experience with individuals and/or groups of at least two years is required.
- Training in Somatic Experiencing and/or Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (preferred but not required).
- Training in EMDR (preferred but not required).
- Sound knowledge and experience of implementing the 12-step programme.
- A good understanding of cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Experience working in a residential treatment centre for mental health and behavioural disorders is required.
- An ongoing commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Clinical Aid /Support Staff – weekends
As a key member of the team, you will be required to provide high standards of person-centred support care to our clients. Undertaking shifts at weekends (days and evenings) you will be flexible with your working hours and your approach to teamwork. A working or experiential knowledge of the 12-steps would be preferable.
The main responsibilities are:
- To provide care to clients in a manner that is empathic and demonstrates unconditional positive regard while promoting safety.
- To help facilitate groups (evening, adhoc and community), completion of daily inventories and provide support, safety direction and guidance.
- Support client treatment plans, recovery planning and encourage progress towards goals.
- Assist with bag check and admissions paperwork for new arrivals.
- Distribute meds and PRN’s and record in meds book.
- To always accompany clients, whether in Camino Recovery or outside and to provide transportation for clients (a clean driving license is required).
To be successful in this role, you will be able to work effectively with a client group with challenging needs.
You will need to establish clear professional boundaries with staff and clients and always maintain confidentiality. It is important that you have a flexible and non-judgmental approach to clients and have a high degree of self-awareness.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the recovery field or one related (e.g. social work, mental health nursing, youth work etc). Experience working with addiction healthcare professionals and knowledge of current treatment approaches would also be beneficial.