The staff at Camino Recovery offer exceptional, pioneering expertise in the treatment of addiction, its causes, and associated mental health problems. They specialise in a wide range of therapeutic interventions to offer the most effective combinations of support. This includes:
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) Treatment – This method is proven to help those struggling with trauma, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and compulsive disorders such as process addictions and eating disorders. Using eye movement, sound and physical stimulation, EMDR Therapy helps to release and process thoughts and emotions caused by negative experiences.
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) – This experiential therapy relies on horses’ ability to sense internal emotional states and helps those who find talking about their feelings challenging. With input from our expert therapists, EAP can treat trauma, lead clients to build trust and support, improve their communication within relationships, build their confidence and self-esteem.
- Family Programme – This programme runs over 4 or 5 days, helping individuals and families who are affected by the compulsive behaviour of someone they love. It is dedicated to educate clients about how to support a loved one through recovery but also how they can take care of themselves in this process.
- Art Therapy – By using the creative process our clients can express their emotions in an indirect way, giving them a chance to introspect and understand issues that are difficult to talk about. This therapy reduces stress, increases self-esteem and self-awareness.
- Twelve Step Programme – This is a highly effective self-help programme combining personal responsibility with group discussions to address compulsive disorders from alcohol or gambling addiction to online gaming and eating disorders. During the programme, clients gain self-awareness and insight into reforming every aspect of their lives: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
- Relapse Prevention & Treatment – Recovering from an addiction begins with detoxification, however, individuals can fall back into it without a recovery plan. The Relapse Prevention programme analyses the process of relapse, identifies triggers, high-risk situations, warning signs and goals. The clients can then recognise the warning signs and break out of the addictive cycle.
- Holistic & Wellness Programme – In order to treat the person as a whole; body, mind and spirit, we take wellness seriously in helping our clients de-stress and detox. We use yoga, meditation, fitness, nutrition and other wellness approaches to help our clients find ways to care for themselves mentally and physically.
- 1 to 1 Treatment Therapy – Our one to one sessions can help individuals to open up in a private and safe environment. This programme is suitable for both types of individuals who are looking to solve specific issues in the short term or who prefer a long-term approach to resolve self-defeating patterns of behaviour.
- Group Treatment Therapy – Group therapy sessions eliminate feelings of isolation, loneliness, and self-doubt by helping individuals make connections, learn to communicate and confront their issues, and to put things into perspective. At Camino Group therapy is central to our treatment approach and it is recognised as one of the most effective treatment methods to this day.
TREATMENT AT CAMINO RECOVERY
Our therapists are also trained in Gestalt psychology, cognitive behavioural therapy, expressive therapy, person-centred therapy, motivational interviewing, metaphoric games, psychodrama, voice movement therapy, narrative therapy, transactional analysis and interpersonal therapy. We also offer a variety of alternative therapies including yoga, meditation, acupuncture, reiki and massage.
Our approach to recovery recognises that addiction is a progressive illness. It also recognises the enormous impact it can have on those around you – including family and friends. This is why, in addition to treating both the causes and the symptoms of addiction, we also specialise in early intervention and family therapy. A holistic approach in every sense.
Central to addiction treatment at Camino Recovery is group therapy combined with a 12-step recovery programme. This combination is statistically the most successful treatment available. It helps us to cover a variety of issues more effectively, so you can focus on what matters. It gives you an opportunity to build a support network that can sustain your recovery and it enables a variety of other therapies to be incorporated into your treatment depending on your needs.